All international students are initially blocked from registration. In order to have the blocks removed, students must:
International Student Check-In
- Provide or make arrangements to provide any missing documents to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit immigration documents to ISS. Please refer to Documents Required for Check-In section for more information.
- Submit proof of health insurance to ISS. Please refer to Health Insurance for details.
- Provide proof of your Tuberculosis Screening results to A.P. Beutel Health Center. Please refer to Immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening webpage from Student Health Services for more information.
- Arrange to take the English Language Proficiency Exam (ELPE) if required to do so. Information regarding the ELPE and the mandatory undergraduate and transfer student conferences will be available at International Student Check-in from Admissions. Refer to the ELPE page for more information.
is the only opportunity for students to remove several registration blocks at one location. Students arriving after International Student Check-In, will have to go to the various offices across the Texas A&M campus to remove registration blocks.
All new international students (except those who will be fully enrolled at the English Language Institute
) are required
to complete the Online Orientation in order to register for their first semester. Students who do not complete the Online Orientation prior to the 15th class day of their starting semester will receive a registration hold preventing them from course registration for the following semester. Students will have to complete the Online Orientation in order to have this registration hold removed. Certain groups of current international students are also required to complete the Online Orientation. Visit the Online Orientation
webpage for more information about who is required to complete it and for access to the content.
Effective on January 1, 2010, incoming students who plan to live in University-owned accommodations will be required to provide either evidence of vaccination against bacterial meningitis or a signed affidavit declining the vaccination at least 10 days prior to their anticipated move-in date. Students will not receive a housing assignment nor will they be permitted to move in to their on-campus housing until one of these two documents is received by the Department of Residence Life. For the most up-to-date and detailed information about this requirement, please visit the ISS Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement webpage
Consent for Medical Treatment of a Minor
If a new/transfer student will be under the age of 18 on the first day of university classes, the following form, Consent for Medical Treatment of a Minor
is required in order to provide legal consent for any possible medical care should it be necessary. Please complete and return this form to TAMU Student Health Services,
College Station, Texas, 77843
(979) 458-8319 Fax